Did you know that today is World Food Day? At GreenLeaf Market, we observe this day every day by taking action locally to reduce hunger globally:
- We support local farmers as much as possible by sourcing meat, vegetables, and fruit as close to St. Louis as possible.
- We minimize “food waste” and donate all our “unsellable” food to local organizations that feed hungry children and families. We work mainly with St. Louis Area Foodbank , and we also donate to a few other smaller St. Louis nonprofits.
- We participate in Double Up Food Bucks which helps people receiving SNAP benefits get twice as much fruits and vegetables for every dollar they spend.
- We support effortless food assistance through GiftAMeal which coordinates with Operation Food Search To donate a meal to a St. Louis hungry family, all you need to do is snap a picture of your meal while you’re here at GreenLeaf Market and upload it through their app… it’s that easy!
- We’re gearing up our education efforts, support the St. Louis Public Schools and local health organizations.
- We support community gardening and will be announcing more about this in 2020.
- We participate in community health and wellness events, and constantly strive to improve nutrition and eliminate hunger at a local community based level.
How are you observing #WorldFoodDay ?
“No matter who you are, what you do or where you live, we all should have access to a healthy and affordable diet. Our Actions Are Our Future.”
Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World
GreenLeaf Market News | October 16th, 2019